Friday, February 6, 2009

The flu on top of it all.

Well, Mackenzie has the flu, so I am asking that you pray that the rest of us (especially Delaney) don't get it. We are 3 days away from our miracle appointment with Shriner's and can NOT be sick! Wednesday night Mackenzie started vomiting. She got sick about every 20 minutes for 8 hours. I thought she was perking up yesterday afternoon, she even played a little. Then it started again, 3 times last night and 3 times this morning. We just can not afford for Delaney to be sick for a 2 hour car ride to and from Shriner's. Of all times for this to happen. So pray for the munchkin that she stays healthy.

I am really looking forward to Monday, I just want to get this started and I need to feel like we are doing something for her. I feel like each day that passes her little spine could be getting worse. It is a terrible feeling to think you aren't helping your child. Waiting is always the worst part. Especially when it comes to the girls. Ah, well, we are almost there.

On a side note, you should see my house...what a mess. For the last 3 weeks, all we have done is play with the girls or research online. Now with Mackenzie being sick...what a mess. I have a huge pile of puked on laundry and not a clean dish in the house. The carpets need cleaned now (thank you Mackenzie:) and I haven't cooked in a week. So hopefully, this time next week we will be back to normal and have a solid plan for Delaney.

Since this blog is Delaney's journey, I'd like to share her good times as well as her bad. In the last 3 weeks, she has started crawling really well, she can pull herself up to stand, and she is clapping her hands while singing and dancing. Here is a video of her standing and dancing and just being her wonderful self.



I will post more on Tuesday about Shriner's. Thanks to everyone who has called, emailed, offered help or thoughts and prayers. It means the world to us to know so many wonderful supportive people. We are truly blessed. Keep the prayers coming.

3 comments:

  1. Delaney is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man! I hope everyone is doing okay now. We'll be praying for you guys tomorrow.

    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful blog! I've got my entire theology class praying for every one. i heard from Gram that she will be casted. you're all in my prayers.
    Love hannah♥

    ReplyDelete